How to work safe with electricity
Reminder: Before you start this learning package you need to have completed the general module of WorkSafe SmartMove. So if you haven’t, select general module and get to it!
Electrical work has a lot of obvious dangers and there are some basic rules you must remember.
TOP FOUR THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN WORKING WITH ELECTRICITY
- only licensed electrical workers can legally perform electrical work
- apprentices and trainees must be supervised by a qualified electrical worker at all times
- your employer should make sure equipment is well-maintained
- you must be properly trained and given clear instructions on how to work safely
You are about to find out about:
- Working safely
- Residual Current Device (RCD)
- Lock, isolate, tag
- Hazardous substances
- PPE and clothing
REMEMBER THINKSAFE SAM
- Spot the hazard
- Assess the risk
- Make the changes
Want to know more about the electrical industry?